Complete Foot and Ankle is excited to offer a new cutting-edge treatment option to our patients. Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Treatment (EPAT®) is an FDA cleared non-invasive method to treat a broad range of musculoskeletal conditions. This proprietary technology is based on a unique set of pressure waves that stimulate the metabolism, enhance blood circulation and accelerate the healing process. Damaged tissue gradually regenerates and eventually heals.
EPAT® is currently being used by clinicians around the globe for a variety of disorders including acute and chronic pain. It has become a mainstay of treatment in the training rooms of many professional sports teams and has allowed athletes to return to their respective sports without surgery or down time.
We here at Complete Foot and Ankle are currently utilizing EPAT® to treat a variety of conditions affecting the lower extremity. These include:
- plantar fasciitis (heel pain)
- achilles injuries including partial tears
- calf strains
- Morton’s neuromas
- ankle sprains
- shin splints
- post-operative swelling
- post-operative scarring
In particular, the physicians at Complete Foot and Ankle have begun to use EPAT® as a primary form of treating plantar fasciitis (heel pain). Conventional methods to treat plantar fasciitis include rest, ice, anti-inflammatory medications, change of shoe gear, orthotics, stretching and cortisone injections. We have found that the addition of EPAT® to the treatment process for plantar fasciitis has drastically reduced the healing and resting time for patients and has eliminated the need for time-consuming physical therapy or the risks and down time associated with surgery.
Benefits of Non-Invasive EPAT®
• Patients are immediately fully weight bearing.
• Bilateral patients can be treated at the same time.
• No incision–No risk of infection at the treatment site–No scar tissue formation.
- Patients are able to return to work/normal activities within 24-48 hours, resuming strenuous activities after 4 weeks.
• Patients evaluated for success at 8-12 weeks
• Over 80% successful outcomes
- Non-invasive so biomechanics are not affected–future treatment options are not limited.
• Cost Effective (not covered by insurance but may be more cost effective than physical therapy or surgery)
• Reduced cost from lost work.
• Fast, safe and effective.
- Does not require anesthesia.
Please feel free to contact Complete Foot and Ankle via phone (201) 445-2288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. for further information on this new exciting treatment option and whether it would benefit you. If you would like more information on the technology and science behind EPAT® you can visit the Curamedix website at www.curamedix.com
Article written by: Dr. Suneel Basra
Tiny URL for this post: